Make it personal
Becoming a patron lets you forge a personal relationship with one of our artists, while supporting the continued development of their career and practice.
All of the artists in the Nina’s collective are adults with developmental disabilities who live on a fixed social allowance payment through the Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH) program. After rent, transit passes and other necessary monthly expenses are paid, very little is left for discretionary spending. Even the nominal fee to join our collective is beyond many.
Sadly, some cover the fee by cutting back on the food they eat.
You can help by becoming an artist’s patron. For $500, you’ll give an artist with developmental disabilities the ability to create in our studio for a full year, to express themselves in new ways and learn new skills.
Of course, there are more benefits than just doing good. Artist’s Patrons receive:
- A piece of artwork created by your artist
- A charitable tax receipt in the full amount of your donation
- Invitations to special events and exhibitions
- Invitation to attend the annual Patron’s Luncheon
- One free ticket to our annual fundraising gala
- Recognition on our website, in our Annual Report and at our annual fundraising gala
- The opportunity to be part of an emerging artists’ journey
To become an Artist’s Patron, or for more information, contact Rona Fraser by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (780) 886-6640.